Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Liebsters

Our neighborhood has been in an uproar over loss of internet service this weekend (apparently many of us use the same provider, who failed us these past few days). In the downtime, I missed the exciting news that Carol Berg at the blog Ophelia Unraveling awarded this blog with a Liebster Blog Award. Yay!

Receiving a Liebster Blog Award comes with a list of duties, which are:

•Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
•Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
•Give your top 5 picks for the award
•Inform your top 5 by leaving a comment on their blog.
•Post the award on your blog.

So, thank you, Carol, for the encouragement, which is sorely needed this busy month when I ask myself why I am blogging with all the other stuff I need to do. And all of you should go visit Carol's blog Ophelia Unraveling, which is a beautifully personal look at the creative life. You will surely enjoy it. (By the way, Carol, attempts to leave comments on your blog have failed...wanted to let you know I've awarded YOUR blog with a Liebster Blog Award to thank you for your support and great content.)

The five blogs that I would like to award a Liebster Blog Award to are:

1. Kristin Berkey-Abbot at her eponymous blog, in which she discusses far heavier topics that I ever attempt to.

2. Karen J. Weyant's The Scrapper Poet, in which Karen highlights "Rust Belt" writers.

3. Sandy Longhorn's Myself the Only Kangaroo Among the Beauty, a blog that occasionally offers writing exercises and ideas that would be worth paying for, and yet you don't have to!

4. Jeannine Hall Gailey's Jeannine Blogs, one of the most personable voices out there blogging about a life in poetry.

5. And finally, Carol Berg's Ophelia Unraveling, because it is one of the few blogs that I do check regularly, to hear about her insights and her walks.

4 comments:

Supervillainess said...

Thank you so much Jessica! I'm honored :)

Jessica Goodfellow said...

You're welcome, villainess! I really do enjoy your blog. (Actually, both of them, I found the health one too).

Karen J. Weyant said...

Thanks so much -- great list, and some of my favorites!

Jessica Goodfellow said...

You're welcome. And thank you for your blog.