Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2015

Organization Organized!

Two great things today!

1) As I've been organizing my poems into a manuscript, I looked for articles and hints on organization and poem ordering. I've tried in the past to compile a list of such resources, but found that poet Nancy Chen Long has done a much better job than I ever did. So if you want resources for organizing a manuscript, head on over the Nancy Chen Long's blog, where she curates (there's no other word for what a wonderful job she's done) a comprehensive list of resources.

2) This poem of Jane Hirshfield really speaks to me these days. It's from her collection Given Sugar, Given Salt.

A Cedary Fragrance

Even now,
decades after,
I wash my face with cold water--

Not for discipline,
nor memory,
nor the icy, awakening slap,

but to practice
choosing
to make the unwanted wanted.

No comments: