Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Rejection Plus

You know the saying "When it rains, it pours"? Well, I never seem to get just a single rejection at a time. A month ago I got two on one day. But they were both personal notes suggesting that I submit to them again. Which I did. And within twelve hours, one of the journals had taken my second submission (haven't heard back from the other journal yet).

Today, two more rejections. One generic, one with an invitation to submit  new work. Will I? I will, yes; it works sometimes, as I was reminded last month. And you should submit a second time when you get the suggestion too. Don't take too lightly those rejections that encourage you to try again--I used to think they were just polite ways to reject me. But they mean it--you should try them again, reminding them that they encouraged you to. And you shouldn't wait too long; a month or two at the most, I'd say, so there's a good chance they'll still recall you and your work.

I'll be sending a new packet out soon....

No comments: