Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rejection's Flipside

Greer Van Dyke writes about rejection at the Elephant Journal blog.

Here's an excerpt (actually the meat of the short article is here, but enjoy the entire piece at the link):

*****************

..."rejection means you are shooting high enough. If you had been accepted everywhere, it would have meant you weren’t striving as high as you could.”
That put me in my place, and for the first time, I really and truly felt okay with No.... I see that with all of the times I have heard “No,” I have also heard “Yes.”...
Does hearing a “No” mean you took steps back? ... it just means that you are embracing vulnerability and turning your back on insecurity.
*******************
Thanks to Leza L. for posting this on Facebook.

No comments: