Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Poetry & Science

Two of my favorite things, poetry and science, are coming together in the Poetry Northwest Science Issue & Spring Symposium. I wish I could be in Seattle for this event on May 9th and 10th; those of you who are, don't miss it! Featuring readings by Katherine Larson (who recently won the Yale Younger Poets Prize for her book Radial Symmetry--if you don't know her work, check her out reading here on the PBS Newshour and interviewed here by PBS) and Richard Kenney, a perennial fav of mine, and the intriguingly titled panel, "Model Realities: Science in Poetry & Poetry in Science,"it's going to be a great event.

I'll just have to comfort myself with the print issue though. Sigh.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I'm really intrigued by Larson's book, but haven't any time to read anything but study materials (and your blog!) these days. Another one for the to-read list...

Jessica Goodfellow said...

Me too, Mari. Haven't read it yet but it's at the top of my list.