Search This Blog

Monday, May 29, 2017

A Way with Words (for the Birds)

I am thrilled and grateful to have a poem I wrote during my residency at Denali National Park & Preserve read on the NPR-affiliated radio show/podcast 'A Way with Words' by host Martha Barnette. It's a great show/podcast about word usage, etymology, etc. You should listen to the whole episode (you should subscribe!), and if you do you'll hear my poem 'The Magpie' beginning at about 32:05.
You can read all my poems from my residency and learn about the residency program at the park website here.

I'm really grateful to have the support both of the park and of Martha Barnette and 'A Way with Words.' I hope to do as much I can to support them right back. So be sure help me out checking out what they've got to offer (see above). Thank you!

Update: You can now hear it here, without having to search for the correct time: 

No comments: