Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Not Capital, My Good Man

Today a prominent poet asked the following question on Facebook: How do you turn off the automatic capitalization of first words on new lines when writing poems in MS Word? This is something that has been driving me crazy too, but when I'm in the middle of writing a poem, I don't want to spend the time to figure it out, and when I'm not writing a poem, I forget about it. So I was glad that many people responded with the solution.

Most of you probably already know how to do this, but just in case you are like me and never got around to fixing the problem, here are the steps.

1) Open MS Word.
2) Click on the tab File at the top, and in the drop-down menu, go to Options, near the bottom, and click on it.
3) In the new menu that appears, click on Proofing.
4) On the right, click on the AutoCorrect Options button (it is blue).
5) Uncheck the box that says Capitalize first letter of sentences.
6) Click the OK button at the bottom of the page, and you are done!

And that's the end of that annoying little problem. Yay!

No comments: