Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Generosity

Recently I've become aware that two popular big-name print poetry journals are offering their current issues online in their entirety. Poetry Magazine and the Beloit Poetry Journal have each begun to make available the complete contents of their current print issues on the web. For instance, you can read the May issue of Poetry here, and the May issue of the Beloit Poetry Journal here. Both magazines also offer archives of decades of past issues.

While this is great news for all poetry lovers, it is especially wonderful for those of us living abroad who have to pay international subscription rates. I happen to suscribe to both these magazines in their print versions, and will continue to do so since I want to support them, but I applaud this trend.

Does anyone know of other print literary journals offering their current issues online? I'd love to hear about it. Please share if you do.

No comments: